A national of Hong Kong's partner economy who meets the following eligibility criteria may be granted a working holiday visa for participating in the Scheme:
- he/she is aged between 18 and 30 (both ages inclusive) at time of making application;
- his/her primary intention is to holiday in Hong Kong;
- he/she must not be accompanied by any dependents during the journey;
- he/she holds a valid national passport issued by the partner economy and is ordinarily residing in that partner economy;
- he/she is able to produce financial proof of having an amount sufficient for his/her maintenance during his/her proposed stay in the HKSAR, e.g. bank statement, saving accounts passbooks, etc.;
- he/she holds a return air ticket or financial proof of having sufficient funds to purchase a return air ticket; and
- he/she agrees to hold medical, healthcare (including hospitalisation), repatriation and liability insurance to remain in force throughout his/her stay in the HKSAR.
For detailed eligibility criteria, please refer to the website of the Immigration Department of the HKSAR.