To be eligible for applying for the Working Holiday Scheme, an applicant must:
- be aged between 18 and 30 (both ages inclusive) at the time of making application;
- not be accompanied by any dependents during the journey;
- be ordinarily resident in the HKSAR and holding a valid HKSAR or British National (Overseas) (BNO) passport;
- be going abroad primarily for holidaying;
- hold a return travel ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such ticket; and
- have proof of financial resources to support his/her initial expenses in the host economy.
Working holidaymakers are required and strongly advised to take out suitable medical, hospitalisation and liability insurance before departure to cover the possible related costs incurred abroad.
Applicants are reminded that the eligibility criteria, and terms and conditions of individual working holiday scheme are subject to review and change by the host Government without prior notice. For detailed eligibility criteria of individual working holiday scheme, please refer to the websites and updates from the respective host Governments and Consulates.